Wednesday 7 January 2015

Useless Christmas presents


So its that time of year, 358 days until Christmas. A good month to expend any accrued gift tokens and to return any useless shit so thoughtfully gifted by loved ones. Its the thought that counts, even if those thoughts have been sucked out by malevolent undersea tentacle gods. For my part I attempted to buy some roleplaying friends the most useless dice I could possibly find. At some point I bought some stuff from thediceshoponline.com , some ridiculous prices but I had the money and needed to share my passion for finely crafted pointless things.

Perhaps you would disagree:
 
The D2 - I would suppose there are actually quite a lot of 50/50 decision to be taken in a typical game but tbh never really needed a dedicated dice for that and I have always been wealthy enough to own a 2 pence piece. The D3 - No idea. The D7 - Thought I was being clever but then realised of course there are 7 days in a week so perhaps let myself down on that one. The D18 - 2 less than a useful 20. The D22 - 2 more than a useful d20. The D24 - 2 more pointless than a d22. And finally the infamous D60.

As for club business, well we will restart the games this Thursday (The 13th Age and Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition) but there are some new games due soon so if you have a new years resolution at all then come back and play with your favourite geeky friends! We miss you and you know who you are, and if you don't have any geeky friends then now is the perfect time to get some.

Happy new Yarballs







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.